Veggie Red Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- handful of baby carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 roma tomato, roughly chopped
- 6 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add carrots and bell pepper. stir and soften another 2 minutes.
Add garlic cloves, tomato, tomato sauce, and oregano. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add parsley and basil. Stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer another 10 minutes.
Turn off heat and let come to room temperature. Pour mixture into blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Use immediately or store in the fridge for future use.