Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg, plus one egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided into 1/2 cup increments
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl mix together the coconut oil and the sugars. Let sit for 15 minutes.
Whisk in egg, yolk, and vanilla, mixing until completely smooth. Add 1/2 cup flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring to combine. Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until completely combined. Finally, fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.