Potato & Hamburger Hash
- 1 lb. of ground beef (or pork, or turkey, or chicken... or you can omit all together)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- leftover red or russet potatoes (or both)
- Onion, chopped
- Bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 cans rotel tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can of corn ( or frozen from the freezer)
- 1 can green beans (or leftover fresh, cooked)
- 1 can carrots (or fresh, cooked and sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the meat in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Drain the excess grease/liquid.
Add oil to saute pan, add potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until softened and slightly crispy on the outside.
Add all remaining ingredients, plus anything you may think would help to better this hash and cook until all veggies are soft. Salt and pepper again to taste. Serve.
As wierd as this may sound, it is great with eggs for breakfast, or even as a side dish at a dinner get together. I made this last night and it was gone faster than the bratwursts and chicken breasts!