- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Toast the nuts in a small skillet over low heat until fragrant and golden, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
In a food processor, combine the toasted nuts with the basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
Store in the fridge with a drizzle of olive oil over the top, or freeze in ice cube trays for later usage.