What's red, white, and chocolate-y all over? Red velvet cheesecake, that's what! I served this for dessert for our girls night Christmas dinner this week. It was definitely all the RAGE.
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 1 pre-made chocolate pie crust
- 3 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp. unsweetend cocoa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 2 (1-oz.) bottles red food coloring
- 1 (3-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Beat 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar at medium-low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300°, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is firm. Run knife along outer edge of cheesecake. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Beat 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. Remove sides of springform pan. Garnish, if desired.