- 1 lb. ground turkey meat
- 1 1/2 slices fresh bread, crusts removed (I used whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large galic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. grated parmaggiano reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the broiler.
In a medium pan over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in a small bit of olive oil until translucent, about 6 minutes.
Combine the turkey with all other ingredients, including the onion mixture in a large work bowl; try not to overmix the mixture. Lightly form the mixture into 1-inch balls and place them on a rimmed baking sheet, then pour about 1/2 cup water into the baking sheet; just enough to cover the bottom of the sheet and keep the meatballs from drying out in the oven. Place the baking sheet under the broiler on the top rack for about 15 minutes. Remove the meatballs from the baking sheet and add to your favorite spaghetti combination.