- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 chipolte in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, chipolte, adobo sauce, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Then toss the chicken to coat. Cover and let rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Can last for up to one day in the fridge.
Preheat your oven to broil. Place the baking rack in the very to position of your oven. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the chicken onto skewers and lay on the prepared baking sheet. Place sheet onto top rack and broil the skewers for 5 to 8 minutes, until brown; flipping half way through.
Serve with dipping sauce.
Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper