photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ditch the Gluten

Don't get me wrong, I love delicious carb filled treats as much as the next, but I have enjoyed trying and integrating some amazing gluten free products into my life. I work at a restaurant a couple of days a week for extra spending money, so I am surrounded by food, foodies, and especially food modifiers. The most popular? Gluten free salads, no crotons, no croissant, and no marinated chicken. Personally I love a delicious and warm honey butter covered croissant, but here are my top three Gluten Free treats.

Real Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips. This all natural and healthy snack is trans fat free, gluten free, lactose free, with no preservatives. And you know what? They REALLY do taste good! Check out their site for more products like this: http://www.foodshouldtastegood.com/#/home/

Think Thin Bars. My personal favorite is White Chocolate Chunk. A soft chocolate inside with little bursts of white chocolate chips covered in a white chocolate coating. This little bar packs 20g of protein, only 9g of fat, and 0g of sugar. Other flavors to try: Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Lemon Cream Pie, and Tangerine Creamsicle, among many others. http://www.thinkproducts.com/2011/

Trader Joe's Almond Butter. If you're like me you eat peanut butter on toast, english muffins, apple slices, carrots, celery, and of course on a spoon! While most peanut butters have a plethora of ingredients that not even a scientist can pronounce, Trader Joe's offers an Almond Butter with just two ingredients: dry roasted almonds and sea salt. This product is not only gluten free, but also vegan for those of you who require no animal products in their diets.

All this talking about yummy food has got me craving breakfast, perhaps some toast with almond butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014